Friday, March 10, 2017

Bike Ed. 2017

Aloha Room 28 'Ohana!
          Another year of Bike Ed. completed!  Unfortunately, the weather and the NAEP testing were two "missed" dates of the program.  I'm glad we had at least 3 complete days of Bike Ed.!  It was AMAZING to see how some of you started as non-riders, and by the END of the week....(with only 2 days of "riding" the bikes, and one day of safety class (indoors) ), you were RIDERS! :)
          It's always the case each year!  There's at least 5 non-riders at the beginning of the week, and by Friday, everyone is riding!  That is why we are so grateful for this FREE bike safety program that is offered to only 4th graders!  Mr. Chett and Ms. Shoko were very proud of our class!  They claimed that our group had the most riders and we had the most confident riders as well!  I really hope you all enjoyed Bike Ed.?
          Mr. Chett really shared a lot of bicycle safety information and taught you many skills needed out on the road.  In this comment, I would like you to comment on two things:
     1.  Describe a bicycle safety rule you learned from Hawaii Bicycling League. 
     2.  Explain what you believe was the BEST part of Bike Ed.

Comment Assignment due:  March 17, 2017
Doing a 6-point bicycle safety check!

This is how we ride SAFELY!  

We did it!  Bike Ed Hawaii ROCKS!  :)
Mahalo Mr. Chett, Ms. Shoko, and Mrs Lewis! 




16 comments:

  1. The bike rule that I learned is not to use your shoes or wearing to brake cause it's scratching your wearing.What I really liked is that to do drills and doing contest the drill that I really like was the snake drill then you brake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A bicycle safety rule is to always wear a helmet.What I liked most about bike Ed is that we got to go on the bridge

    ReplyDelete
  3. my best part of biked is going down the hill because I love going fast.look both ways before you just ride your bike crossing the street.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bike rule that i learned is that use your brakes to stop but not your shoes.Bike Ed was fun cause we got to go on the roads.:]

    ReplyDelete
  5. One thing that I learned was to go the same way as traffic. My favorite thing was when we went on the road and tried to get trucks and cars to honk, especially big trucks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd liked bike ED because we had to go the other side to practice to look side to side then we cross and thank you for letting me having fun

    ReplyDelete
  7. The thing that I learned in bike ed was that you have to check 6 things on your bike before riding and my favorite part was when we rode downhill at the end of the second quarter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The thing i learned was the six things to check on your bike.I liked when I watched two people put the helmet and the vest.

    ReplyDelete
  9. One rule that I learned was to use the brakes on the bike and not use my feet.The best thing about biked was to go on the road and ride the bike and go over the bridge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. One rule I learned of Bike Ed was always check your 6 bike rules before you go riding it like make sure your seat is tight on the pole my favorite thing we did during Bike Ed was going down the hill and coming back up.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i learned how to make a U-turn on the streets.i liked when the trucks honked at us on the bridge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I learned that you always need to tie your shoe laces. I had fun when Mr. Chet told funny jokes.

    ReplyDelete
  13. One rule i learned was that never use you shoes to stop the bike use the brakes.my favorite part was all the jokes that mr.chett made while bike ed.

    ReplyDelete
  14. One rule I learned was that you have to wear a helmet because a helmet makes me hot.My favorite part was when Jacob was challenging Mrs.Wong to put on the helmet and the vest.

    ReplyDelete
  15. one rule i learned was that you have to do a check point when you turn .was when we went on the road .

    ReplyDelete
  16. I learned 1 rule and that was to check the seat,peadles,wheels,stering,brakes and the chain.Bike ed was fun bcause we went on the road.

    ReplyDelete