Thursday, September 5, 2013

Welcome back to School!

Aloha Room 28 'Ohana!  
       We are off to a great start!  August is in the past and September is quickly whizzing by!  Can you believe that we've been in school for a whole month?  How time flies when we're learning and growing!  Our theme this year is to "Believe to Achieve!"  Always Believe in yourself and have that "CAN DO" attitude!  You'll see just how far you'll go and GROW!  I BELIEVE in ALL of YOU!  I hope you BELIEVE in me too! 
       September brings school pictures and lots of smiles!  Our picture taking days will be on 
September 19 & 20.  We will be getting more information from Mr. Miyahira as soon as he gets his schedule done.  Our book project will be coming home soon.  Be sure to have read a realistic fiction book by September 16.  September is also our Fall Fundraiser event!  Have you sold at least 10 Zippy's tickets?  Guess who you can throw a WET sponge at if you sold at least 10 tickets?  Yup! You guessed right if you said, "Mrs. Wong!"  So c'mon Room 28 'Ohana, sell sell sell!  
        October is our parent-teacher conferences.  Your parents will be officially notified on September 16.  You will be leading the conference when it's your turn to present your progress-folio!  Don't worry, we will practice prior to the conference.  October is also our Fall Book Fair.  Mrs. Browne is in the planning stages of this wonderful event!  
        I welcome your comments and reflections on your first month of school.  Remember to comment using appropriate words and ONLY appreciations, NO put-downs.  In your comments, please share your thoughts and opinions about your first month as a 4th grader!  Have a great weekend!
                                                                                     Aloha and Mahalo,
                                                                                      Mrs. Wong =)
Our Tribes in Room 28:  Gators,
Awesome People, Team Laulima,
and Diamond Swords
Team Laulima:  
Standing L to R:  Austen, Connor, Jason, Alexis & Jasmine
Sitting:  Elise
Diamond Swords:  
Standing L to R:  Alexzandria, Kaylee, Sara & Jayden.
Sitting:  Edison and Marc

The Gators:
Standing L to R:  Tristan, Adrian, Meki & Jonathan.
Sitting:  Serenity and Josiah



Awesome People:
Standing L to R:  Thaddeus, Maria, Christina, & Sharnell.
Sitting:  N. and Nathan

45 comments:

  1. It's fun being a fourth grader because you learn more stuff everyday like line of symmetry in math. I also met new friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So far,4th grade is a blast.I am learning more things like math and healh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 4th grade is awesome so far im learning much more than i did in 3rd grade!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 4th grade is a blast I hope more fun things come out in 4th grade.

    ReplyDelete
  5. fourth grade is AWSOME. I have learned a lot in forth grade. like acute angles my obtuse angle's with my math teacher Mrs.Drury. She has tought us [math class] all about what we will learn about this school year. Also about my science teacher Mrs.Kumagi. she's tought us all about what we need to know like about earth's tilt. So far I have loved the fourth grade!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. it was a blast l got to met new people.l got learn about acute angles from my teacher Ms Wong.l love 4 grade!!!!YAY

    ReplyDelete
  7. 4th grade was the bomb!Mrs Wong is the best teacher in the whole world .she is so pretty mrs wong thanks you for teaching us about things in 4th grade will never forget this awesojme teacher and my nice and helpful classmates . thanks 4th grade is the bomb! yaya!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am having fun in fourth grade, its going good so far. Now I've gain more new friends, and I look forward to this new school year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am having so much fun in fourth grade. I am learning about acute angles and obtuse, right angles. Plus my teacher mrs. Wong.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am having so much fun in fourth grade because i am learning new things.

    ReplyDelete
  11. omg 4th grade is awesome like everyday

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE 4TH GRADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE AND MRS WONG IS NICE TEACHER

    ReplyDelete
  13. $ I think its great that we get to do our homework in class. $

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love my tribe and i think its a good idea to work with others in class...

    ReplyDelete
  15. i like being in the 4 grade and Mrs Wong is very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love my team member's.

    ReplyDelete
  17. #!BBEESSTT YYEEAARR
    EEEVVVEEERRR!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. fourth grade is the best year even though I have a ton of things on my pass card . fourth grade is awesome!!!! we learn a lot of things! I love the fourth grade even though I love THIRD GRADE! But I love fourth grade even more!!! I love Mrs. Wong being my fourth grade teacher!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Aloha Students, I really appreciate all the kind and supportive words. I am pleased to learn how much you are all enjoying your fourth grade year! Let's remember, however, to respond with comments that are related to academics and your learning. I'd love to hear more details and see less exclamation marks just to fill up the comment page. Please refrain from negative comments and please refrain from using symbols (*%$#@) to convey a thought. We should all respond in a language that everyone can understand. You may comment on your classmate's comment, but think about your response and give a thoughtful comment. Also, if you already posted, please give others a chance to post their comment. Have a great week and continue to BELIEVE in yourself! BTW, please encourage your parents to comment as well! Aloha, Mrs. Wong

    ReplyDelete
  20. Mrs.wong is a great teacher she does math, art,and social studes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right Mrs.Wong is a great teacher!!!!

      Delete
  21. fourth grade is awsome! os you get greats friends in the bestest year!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. so far fpourthm grade is very well for now. I made a lto of new friends. I hope to make a lot more friends.

    ReplyDelete
  23. i like fourth grade beacause mrs.wong is a nice teacher and we get to learn more stuff in fourth grade.

    ReplyDelete
  24. 4th grade is fun because i get to learn about symmytry and angles

    ReplyDelete
  25. I am haveing a awesome time in 4th grade. I am makeing new friends . It is fun .

    ReplyDelete
  26. fourth grade is the best grade EVER!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I like fourth grade because it's fun and we do fun stuff like math and art I like both because it's fun.

    ReplyDelete
  28. fourth grade is awsome because we got o learn socail studies ang MRS WONG IS A NICE TEACHER

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love 4th grade!!!I have learned so many things!!!Made so many friends!!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I LOVE 4TH GRADE because i got to learn more things like math and heath and i got to meat new kids

    ReplyDelete
  31. I like 4 grade because I can learn more things.

    ReplyDelete
  32. 4th grade is awsome and i LOVE my new techer mrs. Wong is the best techer ever

    ReplyDelete
  33. I see my brother Austen!!!!!

    ReplyDelete