Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Daruma Doll Goals

Happy New Year Room 28 `Ohana
I hope you all had a wonderful time over the break?  Now it's a NEW quarter, a NEW semester, and a NEW year!  We are going to use a traditional Japanese culture to set our goals for 2016!

Have you ever heard of a Daruma Doll?  This is what it looks like:
This is Daruma.  When you set a goal, you color in ONE of his eyes.
When you achieve your goal, you color in the other eye.  



As you can see, each color has a different meaning.  For example, the RED Daruma is for luck and good fortune.  It is also the most common of all the daruma dolls.  I will bring my doll to share with you tomorrow.  Today's blog assignment deals with having you share your goal or goals for the NEW YEAR!  

Take a moment to think about what you want to accomplish in the new year.  When you think of something, go ahead and submit it in the comment section.  Please think of a goal that is somewhat challenging for you.  It could be an academic goal, or something you would like to improve on in your life at home or at school.  

I look forward to reading about your goal or goals for 2016!  

Aloha,
Mrs. Wong




33 comments:

  1. My goal be successful in the Marine in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. MY goal I can do this year is to try to become vice president in student council. This might be tricky but I will try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goal is be a NBA player so I can get a lot of money and be rich

    ReplyDelete
  4. My goal is to be wise and help others.

    ReplyDelete
  5. my goal is to stay on the longest on a bucking broncle

    ReplyDelete
  6. My goal is to become a engineer or to become a professional soccer player.

    ReplyDelete
  7. my goal is to become a computer engineer and a professional gamer and a excellent fifa player

    ReplyDelete
  8. my 2 goal is to stay on 8 sec o on a bucking saddle bronc

    ReplyDelete
  9. My goal is to get a ME or MP on my test

    ReplyDelete
  10. My goal is to have a 6 second cycle for cup stacking :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. my goal is to show harmony

    ReplyDelete
  12. My goal is to be good at sports and to try my best on tests.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well, my goal for 2016 is to be more helpful so i can earn the fake money for next week for our store.

    ReplyDelete
  14. my goal is to be good at catching a ball I can accomplish this goal by practicing every day.

    ReplyDelete
  15. my goal is to be smarter and to become better at soccer.

    ReplyDelete
  16. my goal is to be a responsible student and be kind to others. Help others that need help. When I grow up I want to be a stylists and I will achieve that dream!:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. My Goal!!! is to do better in math and do really good in school and do all of my homework and get all my work done that was on my pass card

    ReplyDelete
  18. my goal for 2016 is to be as smart as the rest of the class and do all my work.

    ReplyDelete
  19. My goal is to get a clean passcard. I will accomplish this by doing all my work.

    ReplyDelete
  20. My goal for 2016 is to do all my work as soon as possible and not wait long.

    ReplyDelete
  21. My goal for 2016 is to achieve writings in time and accomplish a clean passcard.

    ReplyDelete
  22. My goal for this year is to be more better at school.

    ReplyDelete
  23. my goal is to get good grades for this quarter.

    ReplyDelete
  24. My goal is to keep my passcard clean.

    ReplyDelete
  25. my goal is to keep my passcard clean or cleared.

    ReplyDelete
  26. my goal is to show aloha.

    ReplyDelete
  27. my goal is to finish all my things that I did not finish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and to get or leave my passcard clean or cleared

      Delete
  28. my goal is to be 1st place in padlling beacause im keep going in last place

    ReplyDelete
  29. my goal is to be in 1st place in padlling because im keep going in last place

    ReplyDelete
  30. my goal is to clean my room every day and keep it clean

    ReplyDelete
  31. Aloha Students,
    It seems as if a lot of you have similar goals for this year! There were many who focused on getting their pass card cleared off, or keeping it clean! Others mentioned goals about their interests/hobbies/sports. Some of you mentioned LONG TERM goals......It's great to goals to reach in the next 5, 10, or more years, but what about focusing on a goal that you could attain in one year's time? It doesn't have to be an academic goal, it could be a personal life goal. Thank you for sharing your thoughts/opinions.
    Aloha,
    Mrs. Wong

    ReplyDelete