Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Celebrating 50 Years of Earth Day!

Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Happy Earth Day! 🌎
Mālama Honua (Take care of the Earth)

As we celebrate the 50th Anniversary of Earth Day, think about the different ways you can help to take care of our beautiful earth.  Let's do something small everyday to help take care of the EARTH we live on.

For example, I can help the Earth by conserving electricity.  I can use natural lighting as much as possible by opening doors and windows to let the sunshine (natural light) in!  I can open up the blinds and curtains and turn off the lights when not in use.  I can also unplug electronic devices when I'm not using them.  This will all help to conserve electricity!


In the comment box below, please comment on what you will do to help take care of the Earth?  Be as detailed as possible.  
Explain why? 

When done, enjoy this link,  50 Ways to Earth Day! , with your `Ohana!  

9 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can save the earth by recycling and reusing cans, bottles, class and paper to keep the earth clean and healthy. I can reuse bottle as a pencil and pen holder. When I do that the bottle don't go to waste. If I recycle the papers, I can save a lot of trees from being cutting down. When I recycle the cans I can save more mining metals. Last, I can save the earth by saving water. When I brush my teeth, I can stop the water from running while brushing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your great ideas Myah! I reuse containers like you do too! One year, we saved the Spam cans to make lots of pencil holders. It was a party favor that everyone enjoyed! :)

      Delete
  3. I can save the earth by not throwing away too much plastic or glass and other stuff. I can save the earth another way by reusing and recycling I can use water bottle tops as a funnel for my dad. and make planters like our s.t.e.m! I will never turn on tv when nobody's watching and never leave the faucet or bathroom sink on. Last, never waste paper because if people do they are wasting paper and paper is made out of trees they will be cut down more and soon we will be out of trees.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ava! Your ideas of reusing and recycling are very important! We like to conserve electricity at home too! My family and I use a lot of natural lighting from the sun and we open as much windows and doors so we don't have to turn on the lights, fans, and/or air-conditioner.

      Delete
  4. If I went to the beach and I saw rubbish, I will pick it up because it could hurt sea animals if it goes into the ocean. I can take less food so that less food is wasted and thrown away. I can help conserve water by making sure the faucet is turned off properly. I can also conserve electricity by turning off lights when I leave a room.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jonathan. Conservation of our natural resources are very important!

      Delete
  5. Two ways I can help take care of the earth is take care of plants and trees and save water. First I will take care of plants and trees because they give you oxygen so when you breath out carbon dioxide the plants photosynthesis and it makes oxygen. second at home when i was swimming in my blow up pool i use the water from the pool to pour on the plants and grass so we dont waste it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ayden. I agree, plants help to create oxygen and a lot of plants give us food. Water conservation is always important!

      Delete